This position is currently available in the following communities:
* Minimum of one year general maintenance experience
* Possess an understanding of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems
* Current and valid Driver’s License. Must have and maintain a good driving record (DMV verified)
To transport residents to doctor’s appointments and to outings organized by the Activities Department, make deliveries and perform other transportation duties.
Work on residence maintenance services; keep the residence and grounds in good repair. Inventory and order maintenance supplies, maintain clean and safe environment for residents, prepare vacant rooms/apartments for new resident, and respond promptly to all repair needs.
- Minimum of one year general maintenance experience
- Possess an understanding of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Current and valid Driver’s License. Must have and maintain a clean driving record (DMV verified)
- Friendly, caring disposition with a desire to work with older adults.
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, special events and holidays.
- To fulfill job requirements, employees must be able to perform key physical tasks for extended periods of time. When supporting, lifting, or transferring residents, proper body mechanics and safety measures, as prescribed by the community, must be used. In a typical eight-hour day, employee will:
- Stand/walk up to 8 hours a day
- Sit up to 2 hours a day
- Frequently support 70 pounds
- Occasionally lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Frequently kneel, bend and reach