This position is currently available in the following communities:
• Friendly, caring disposition with a desire to work with older adults.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in coordinating activities for older adults.
• Previous Memory Care/Alzheimer’s experience preferred
• Must show leadership abilities and work independently, efficiently and reliably.
• It is important to be an effective communicator, stimulating and motivating residents, volunteers and staff, while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns.
• Experience in managing and maintaining a departmental budget and expenses.
• Engaging, enthusiastic, willing to learn and overflowing with creativity to share in planning new activities.
• Experience in volunteer recruitment and training (preferred).
• Current and valid Driver’s License. Must have and maintain a clean driving record (DMV verified)
• Ability to respond calmly in emergency situations.
Develop and facilitate programming for the Memory Care Care Unit to meet the need of residents with Alzheimer’s and dementia, providing them with meaningful and enriching activities. Recruit, coordinate and train volunteer members and help ensure employee involvement in the activities program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive activities program to help meet the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and psychosocial needs of the residents in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
- Interview residents or family members to obtain activity information.
- Utilize community resources and entertainers to schedule various activities, including special events.
- Create monthly activities calendar that reflects the varied interests of the residents and provides them with enriching opportunities.
- Coordinate all special events, including holiday events.
- Conduct all activities as needed.
- Provide a forum for residents to meet monthly and share their ideas, thoughts and concerns regarding their activities.
- Ensure that residents are encouraged and assisted to attend activities that are of interest to them.
- Maintain an adequate supply of equipment for regular activities, keeping within budgetary guidelines.
- Coordinate activities involving other departments with the appropriate department head.
- Develop and maintain a dynamic and active volunteer program with a solid volunteer base by building relationships within the community.
- Arrange transportation for regular and special outings.
- Drive residents in van/bus as needed.
- Provide opportunities for residents to engage in various community service projects.