Special Care Unit Director (Horizons Director for Alzheimer’s/Dementia Unit)
Ridge Care, a local NC provider of senior living resources has a wonderful opportunity available for an individual with strong leadership, training and organizational skills to provide oversight and assure regulatory compliance of our 32 bed Special Care Unit. This is a salaried leadership role with an on-call rotation.
Candidates should possess a minimum of 3 years long-term care experience, comprehensive knowledge of the NC Adult Care Home rules as well as having the ability to manage and motivate staff. Your direct care team, your residents and their families should always be your first priority. Treating residents with respect and dignity as well as remaining perpetually resident-centered are essential to success in this role. Written and oral communication skills must be superior as well as maintaining orderly and systematic function of the neighborhood. Safety, security and fall prevention are all critical.
• LPN or significant healthcare management experience required
• Experience working with the elderly and working with residents living with dementia
• Supervisory (including hiring, coaching, training) experience in a healthcare or service industry
• Effective communicator with the ability to appropriately respond to needs and concerns as needed in writing and verbally via phone, e-mail and in person.
• Computer proficient with in-depth experience in Excel, Word & Outlook
• CPR certification
• Professional, friendly and outcome-oriented demeanor with conservative appearance
• Superior time management and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple necessary functions on a daily basis.
• Maintain a clean driving record, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and auto insurance
• Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends, special events and holidays to serve resident needs.
Submit resume with cover letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org