Coordinate residence maintenance services; keep the residence and grounds in good repair. Inventory and order maintenance supplies, maintain clean and safe environment for residents, prepare vacant rooms/apartments for new resident, and respond promptly to all repair needs.
Building & Grounds Maintenance
- Ensures that residence and grounds are in good repair and provides a safe and attractive environment for residents.
- Carries out a preventive maintenance program
- Inspects the residence and grounds regularly, identifies any areas in need of repair
- Checks daily for any requests for repairs
- Responds promptly to all requests for repairs or maintenance concerns from residents, family members, and staff
- Assists with move-ins and move outs
- Assists with set-up and cleaning for special events
- Prepares resident rooms/apartments for new residents
- Maintains grounds: coordinate lawn services, snow removal services, and other outdoor grounds service as needed.
Maintenance Order & Inventory
- Orders maintenance supplies from approved vendors on a regular basis, and maintains up-to-date inventory of supplies
- Orders repairs from residence-approved vendors as needed
- Maintains and organizes supply areas
- Regularly prepares and updates an emergency list with vendors/contractor names, addresses and emergency telephone numbers for employees
- Works with Executive Director to develop and maintain a maintenance budget
Regulatory & Compliance
- Ensures compliance with all codes, OSHA, MSDS, and residence policies and procedures
- Ensures that all maintenance items are kept in a safe area to prevent injuries to residents, employees, or visitors
- Ensures proper removal and disposal of trash
- Participates in the training of employees on responding to emergency situations
- Educates team members on the basic procedures for turning on and off utility system valves