Ridge Care, a local provider of senior living resources has a wonderful opportunity available for an LPN with strong leadership, training and organizational skills to provide oversight and assure regulatory compliance to seniors in assisted living. This is a leadership role with an on-call rotation.
Candidates should possess long-term care experience, comprehensive knowledge of the NC Adult Care Home rules, and have the ability to manage and motivate staff.
Treating residents with respect and dignity, as well as remaining perpetually resident-centered, are essential to success in this role. Safety, security and fall prevention are all critical.
- Oversee all audits from RN, LHPS Nurse, and Pharmacy Review.
- Complete all outside and readmission assessments for the community.
- Review admission and readmission paperwork prior to submitting to Physician by AL and HZ Coordinators.
- Monthly Med Cart Audits with Resident Care Consultant.
- Oversee the updating of CEUs and training roster.
- Partner with Resident Care Consultant to schedule monthly CEU classes with team members.
- Perform monthly med pass observations each shift
- Assist with educating new Med Techs, C.N.A.s, and PCAs with Ridge Care Policy and Procedures.
- Complete interviews for Med Techs, C.N.A.s and PCAs and keep up with community needs for staffing and report needs to Executive Director.
- Complete all new care plans for new residents, annually, and update with changes as needed
- Complete 3 chart audits per month. 25% of charts must be completed per quarter.
- Coordinate and attend care plan meetings with families/POAs regarding concerns/changes in medical care and/or cognitive changes.
- Review all incident reports.
- Re-education and Med Errors are to be completed by the Resident Care Director as well as completing disciplinary actions.
- Weekly reports will be completed by the Resident Care Director in conjunction with the AL and HZ Coordinators.
- Responsible for management of coumadin and required to be present on lab days.
- Oversee Resident Roster to ensure updated and accurate.
- On-call for clinical questions and concerns. Reach out to Resident Care Consultant as needed for direction.
- NC LPN licensee without restrictions required
- Experience working with the elderly and working with residents living with dementia
- Supervisory (including discipline, coaching, training) experience in a healthcare or service industry
- Professional, friendly and outcome-oriented demeanor with conservative appearance
- Time management and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple necessary functions on a daily basis.
- Effective communicator with the ability to appropriately respond to needs and concerns as needed in writing and verbally via phone and in person.
- Computer proficient with experience in Excel, Word & Outlook
- CPR certification
- Maintain a clean driving record, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and auto insurance.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends, special events and holidays to serve resident needs.
Apply or send resume Executive Director, Deerfield Ridge Assisted Living – 287 Bamboo Road Boone, NC 28607 or visit www.ridgecare.com and apply online.
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now