Develop and facilitate programming for the Horizons Care Unit to meet the need of residents with Alzheimer’s and dementia, providing them with meaningful and enriching activities. Recruit, coordinate and train volunteer members and help ensure employee involvement in the activities program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive activities program to help meet the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and psychosocial needs of the residentsin accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
- Interview residents or family members to obtain activity information.
- Utilize community resources and entertainers to schedule various activities, including special events.
- Create monthly activities calendar that reflects the varied interests of the residents and provides them with enriching opportunities.
- Coordinate all special events, including holiday events.
- Conduct all activities as needed.
- Provide a forum for residents to meet monthly and share their ideas, thoughts and concerns regarding their activities.
- Ensure that residents are encouraged and assisted to attend activities that are of interest to them.
- Maintain an adequate supply of equipment for regular activities, keeping within budgetary guidelines.
- Coordinate activities involving other departments with the appropriate department head.
- Develop and maintain a dynamic and active volunteer program with a solid volunteer base by building relationships within the community.
- Arrange transportation for regular and special outings.
- Drive residents in van/bus as needed.
- Provide opportunities for residents to engage in various community service projects.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by your supervisor, including any on-call responsibilities.
- Comply with the community’s policies, training programs, and state and federal regulations.