Develops and facilitates programming to meet the need of residents by providing them with meaningful and enriching activities. Recruits, coordinates and trains volunteer members and helps ensure employee involvement in the activities program.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive activities program to help meet the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and psycho-social needs of the residents in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
- Interviews residents or family members to obtain activity information.
- Utilizes community resources and entertainers to schedule various activities, including special events.
- Creates monthly activities calendar that reflects the varied interests of the residents and provides them with enriching opportunities.
- Coordinates all special events, including holiday events.
- Conducts all activities as needed.
- Provides a forum for residents to meet monthly and share their ideas, thoughts and concerns regarding their activities.
- Ensures that residents are encouraged and assisted to attend activities that are of interest to them.
- Maintains an adequate supply of equipment for regular activities, keeping within budgetary guidelines.
- Coordinates activities involving other departments with the appropriate department head.
- Arranges transportation for regular and special outings.
- Drives residents in van/bus as needed.
- Provides opportunities for residents to engage in various community service projects.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the supervisor, including any on-call responsibilities.
- An inspired leader able to develop and implement stellar social programs for seniors in a residential setting
- Able to embrace multi-cultural resident desires in a person-centered environment
- Skilled in developing a diverse and intellectual team of community resources
- Must be engaging, enthusiastic and have experience working with spirited geriatric