This position is currently available in the following communities:
- Arbor Landing at Ocean Isle
- Carteret Landing
- Forest Ridge
- Kerner Ridge
- Mebane Ridge
- Priddy Manor
- Walnut Ridge
- Chatham Ridge Assisted Living
- Preston House
> Must be certified as a C.N.A and licensed or willing to test for their Medication Aide certification.
> High School diploma or G.E.D.
> Required to work every other weekend
Part Time, Full Time
Properly assist with/administer scheduled medications to residents in accordance with state regulations and residence policy. Provide personalized care and services to residents; uphold the residence policies and procedures; and ensure the residents’’ rights to safe, prompt, and confidential treatment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follows the six “rights” of medication administration (right resident, right drug, right dosage, right time, right route, right record/documentation) each and every time assistance or administration of a medications occurs.
- Assists with or administer medications to resident according to their Medication Administration Record (MAR)
- Documents clearly and accurately on the Medication Administration Record (MAR) after a medication is taken/given, refused, held, discontinued, changed, disposed of, returned, following the residence policy.
- Maintains a neat, clean, organized med cart. Restocks the med as needed
- Provides residents with any treatments required as part of their individual services plan
- Provides quality care and assistance to residents in accordance with the residence philosophy, policy, and procedures, and residents rights
- Assists residents in meeting their physical, emotional, spiritual, and medical needs to achieve and maintain their highest level of wellness
- Promotes and protects the residents’ rights to safe, prompt, and confidential treatment
- Observe the resident for any adverse reaction to a medication and report it to your Resident Care Director or supervisor immediately
- Maintains confidentiality of resident’s’ records
- Control the spread of infection by following standard precautions
- Disposes of infectious and potentially infectious waste according to residence policy and procedure, and OSHA regulations
- Establishes and maintains a good relationship with residents and their families
- Respond to resident emergencies following proper procedure