This position is currently available in the following communities:
- Alzheimer’s/Dementia experience required.
- How many years of LHPS RN experience do you have?
- RN Unrestricted License required.
- CPR Certification required.
- Willing to undergo a background check and drug screening in accordance with local laws and regulations.
We are seeking to hire a Part-time Licensed Health Care Professional Support (RN) for our 40 bed community Preston House Memory Care located in Charlotte, NC who has Alzheimer’s and Dementia experience and is resident care focused, energetic, and compassionate.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Licensed Registered Nurse with current State Licensing Authority in good standing in the state of employment.
- Experience of 1-3 years or more in the care of senior adults and adults with cognitive decline is preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of Rules 10A NCAC 13F for Adult Care Homes relevant to LHPS nurse duties.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community and State officials and the public.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
- Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
- Practice and promote Company Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize daily tasks in order to accommodate fluctuating needs of the resident and Community.
- Must have strong documentation skills.
- Must pass drug screening and criminal background check.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities
- Ensure sound infection control practices are in place that promotes a healthy environment
- Contribute to resident assessments and person centered care and service plan development.
- Perform medication pass observations in conjunction with regulatory and community compliance requirements.
- Provide competency validation for all care staff providing resident care
- Provide Licensed Health Care Professional quarterly assessments for residents identified by community management.
- Administer and read the two-step tuberculin skin testing as required. (Must have doctor’s order for both staff and residents to administer).
- This role does not include the performance of direct resident care, or performance of procedures: including IM injections, blood draws, treatments, foot care, or medication administration.
- Provide ongoing oversight and certification for medication aide training including medication aide skills check to meet state regulatory requirements and review of additional 5-hour and 10-hour medication training with sign off certification and review.
- Monitor staff completion and review of E-learning online medication aide, Diabetic training to include finger stick blood sugar monitoring administration of insulin (prior to administering insulin as per regulations , Coumadin, and 3 hour State required infection control trainings with certification prior to providing skills check-offs for staff.
- Provide Licensed Health Professional Support (LHPS) skill checks to assure competency of personal care staff to meet regulatory requirements.
- Provide other training/in-services to medication aide and personal care staff relevant to resident care as requested by the facility management and within the Registered Nurses’ scope of practice according to the North Carolina Board of Nursing
- Participate in resident and family care conferences as requested by facility management
- Maintain all privacy rules and regulations pertaining to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
- Assess for changes in resident condition based on quarterly assessments and or significant changes to ensure timely evaluation, monitoring, documentation in assisting the facility to providing resident care.
- Other duties assigned by Memory Care Director, and/ or Executive Director within the LHPS role and scope of practice.
Feel free to visit our website at www.ridgecare.com and see more about our community.
Apply online or in person at:
Preston House Memory Care
4910 Harris Woods Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28269