This position is currently available in the following communities:
> Housekeeping experience. One year in a senior living or multi-unit healthcare facility preferred.
> Supervisory or management experience required,
> Effective communicator with the ability to appropriately respond to needs and concerns as needed.
> Friendly, caring disposition with a desire to work with older adults.
> A practical approach and eye for detail.
> Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, special events and holidays.
Supervises the day-to-day operations of Ridge Care’s Housekeeping Department in accordance with federal, state, and local standards and guidelines. Maintains a healthy and attractive environment by ensuring every detail is attended to. Responsible for scheduling, training, monitoring, and developing hourly staff. Liaises with other departments to ensure room availability needs are met quickly.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Upholds the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of housekeeping employees.
- Supervises housekeeping employees and ensure adequate staffing in the housekeeping department.
- Leads by example, encourage team work, promote residence philosophy and provide ongoing coaching.
- Ensures appropriate handling of on-the-job injuries.
- Oversees and implement the training of all housekeeping employees in accordance with OSHA, state and federal regulations, residence policies and training programs.
- Clean all common areas, including guest restrooms according to schedule. This includes, but is not limited to :
- Vacuuming all carpeted areas
- Dusting all furniture, common area items, handrails and hanging pictures
- Cleaning glass surfaces
- Cleaning fingerprints and other dirt from doors, doorways and walls
- Vacuuming upholstered furniture according to schedule
- Cleaning and disinfecting common areas and resident bathrooms
- Mopping common areas and bathroom floors
- Cleaning and disinfecting soiled utility bins according to schedule
- Cleaning and organizing laundry areas and storage closets according to schedule
- Cleans residents’ rooms/apartments according to schedule. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Vacuuming carpeted areas
- Dusting furniture
- Cleaning and disinfecting bathroom
- Launders residence linens, towels and other items according to schedule, and as needed.
- Launders the residents’ personal clothes, sheets and towels according to schedule.
- Ensures that residents’ personal items remain separate at all times and are returned promptly to the residents rooms once laundered.