This position is currently available in the following communities:
> Minimum of 1 year experience as a chef/cook.
> Current food service sanitation certificate.
> Supervisory or management experience preferred.
> Friendly, caring disposition with a desire to work with older adults.
> Computer proficient with in-depth experience in MS Outlook, Excel & Word.
> Effective communicator with the ability to appropriately respond to needs and concerns as needed.
> Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, special events and holiday.
Coordinate the food service program, in keeping with the nutritional guidelines, residence policies and food service budget. Order and prepare food, dining service, food service for special events and activities, maintain food inventory, maintain regulatory compliance and direct food service employees.
- Plans weekly menus in accordance with the residence policies and procedures, and incorporates a variety of nutritional foods and foods in season
- Maintains an adequate inventory of foods and supplies from residence-approved vendors
- Prepares and cooks food in accordance with nutritional guidelines, regulations and resident’s individual prescribed diets and food preferences
- Presents food in an appetizing and attractive manner
- Assists in fostering resident’s independence with eating by providing adaptive equipment when needed
- Ensures that food is delivered on time and in a pleasant manner
- Visits with residents at each meal when available and ensure quality of service
- Prepares food and coordinate food service for special events as requested
- Encourages residents to participate in the food service program and provides a forum for their input
- Provides educational opportunities for staff and residents
- Reviews and implements procedures for food handling and cleanliness in the kitchen
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of food service employees
- Supervises food service employees and ensure adequate staffing in the food service department
- Leads by example, encourages team work, promotes residence philosophy and provides ongoing coaching
- Conducts regular performance appraisals with employees
- Ensures appropriate handling of on-the-job injuries as reported by employees
- Oversees and implements the training of all food service employees in accordance with state and federal regulations, residence policies and training programs