This position is currently available in the following communities:
> One year of experience in serving all types of food in large quantities
> A good understanding of food safety
> Ability to follow a menu
> Knowledge and experience with sanitary practice
Part Time, Full Time
Assists in the kitchen with food preparation, dining room preparation and clean-up. Willingness to perform all duties required to maintain a safe, clean work environment while assisting in the preparation of meals, as well as serving the residents in a kind and courteous manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares foods assigned by the Cook, using daily menus.
- Willingness to help with special events.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe kitchen environment.
- Prepares beverages before meals.
- Buses tables during and after meals / picks up trays from residents rooms.
- Refills all condiments on dining tables.
- Sweeps dining area floor after each meal is complete.
- Stores food properly for infection control.
- Cleans equipment, appliances, floors, drains, storage area, refrigerator, freezer and sinks according to schedule.
- Stacks, soaks and runs dish machine.
- Soaks and cleans pots and pans.
- Puts away clean dishes, pots and pans.
- Works with resident care staff in the dining room.
- Makes sure work area is cleaned before leaving for the day.
- Maintains a neat and clean uniform
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the supervisor.