This position is currently available in the following communities:
- Chatham Ridge Assisted Living
- Preston House
- Arbor Landing at Ocean Isle
- Walnut Ridge
- Forest Ridge
- Arbor Landing at Compass Pointe
- Arbor Landing at Pawleys
1 year of experience in cooking all types of food in large quantities
A good understanding of food safety
Ability to follow a menu
Every Other Weekend Required
Part Time, Full Time
Prepare menus and cooks food in accordance with nutritional guidelines, regulations, and residents’ individual prescribed diet and food preferences. Maintains clean and sanitized dining service areas and assists in the receiving, rotation, and storage of products.
Duties & Responsibilities
Food & Inventory
- Identifies and reports food and supplies needed for the next week’s menus.
- Assist in the receiving, rotation, and storage of products.
Food Preparation & Dining Service
- Prepare menus and cook food in accordance with nutritional guidelines, regulations, and residents’ individual prescribed diet and food preferences.
- Presents food in an appetizing and attractive manner.
- Assists in fostering residents’ independence with eating by providing adaptive equipment as ordered.
- Ensures that food is delivered on time and in a pleasant manner.
- Visits with residents at each meal when available and ensure quality service.
- Prepares food and coordinates food service for special events as requested.
- Encourage residents to participate in the food service program and provide a forum for their input.
- Notify Dining Services Director of any malfunctioning kitchen equipment or appliances.
Regulatory Compliance & Sanitation
- Ensures compliance with HACCP, local health department regulations, and the Ridge Care policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe kitchen environment.
- Ensures proper storage and handling of food in accordance with infection control standards.
- Maintain certification from an American Standards Institute (ANSI)-Accredited Program
- Attends any other continuing education classes requested by your supervisor.
- Federal and State Regulations
- OSHA Standards
- Fire and safety precautions
- Recreational therapy